1. When HI dissolves in water, which ions are formed?
2. Which of the following properties would indicate an acid?
3. Which of the following reactions would indicate a base?
4. An electron pair acceptor is:
5. Write a complete balanced equation using the Arrhenius concept for the reaction between sulfuric acid and potassium hydroxide.
6. What is the pH of a solution in which [H3O+] = 0.005 M?
7. What is the [OH-] in a solution with pH = 5?
8. The concentration of OH- ions in a certain fruit juice is 1 x 10-11M. What is the concentration of hydronium ions? What is the pH of the juice?
E-mail instructor: Eden Francis
Clackamas Community College