1. Give the symbols of two elements in the fourth period:
2. Give the symbols of two transition metals:
3. Give the symbols of two inert gases:
4. Give the symbol of an element similar in properties to Br:
5. Give the symbol of the element in the third period and second group:
6. Is Zn a metal or nonmetal?
7. How many valence electrons does Na have?
8. How many valence electrons does Cl have? Draw
the Lewis structure (dot diagram) for it.
9. What is the outermost electron structure for Co?
10. Which atom is larger--Sr or Ca?
12. What is ionization energy?
13. Which has the higher ionization energy--Na or Mg?
15. Which has more attraction for its valence electrons--F or Cl?
17. Metals react by _____________________ electrons.
18. Which is more reactive--K or Li?
19. Nonmetals react by ____________________ electrons.
20. Which is more reactive--Cl or S?