List of atomic weights:
N = 14.0 g/mole O = 16.0 g/mole S = 32.1 g/mole
Cl = 35.5 g/mole Cr = 52.0 g/mole
1. What is the formula weight (molecular weight) for NO2?
2. A compound has the molecular formula N2O4. What is its empirical formula?
3. Write the formula for a molecule which has two nitrogen atoms and five oxygen atoms.
4. A compound contains .328 g Cr and .672 g Cl. What is its empirical formula?
5. A compound with an empirical formula of CH2 has a molecular weight of 56. What is its molecular formula?
6. What is the relationship between a mole of an element and the atomic weight of the element?
7. How many moles are there in 8.00 g of SO2?
8. Calculate the percent composition by weight of SO2.
9. What is the weight in grams of .60 moles of S?
10. State the basic points of Dalton's theory.
E-mail instructor: Sue Eggling
Clackamas Community College